Transportation of Infectious Substance by Air – Category A, B and Exempt
If you send infectious substances or diagnostic specimens by air, then this is the course for you. This course assists shippers of infectious substances, and associated items, to interpret and apply the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) to shipments being sent by air domestically and internationally. Full compliance with the Regulations and an understanding of the concepts behind them will ensure the safety of all who travel and protect shippers from unknowingly committing unlawful acts.
What you obtain
This course will help you apply the classification, packaging, documentation, marking and labeling requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations with regard to infectious substances and understand the requirements set down by the Regulatory authorities.
This course covers:
- Infectious Substances, Category A;
- Category B, diagnostic specimens & biological products for testing;
- Exempt human and animal specimens
- Shipments of dry ice or cryogenic liquids as refrigerants;
- Medical waste shipments;
- Small quantities of ethanol, formaldehyde and formalin
Access to a copy of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations is not required, however is recommended.
Course Qualification and Recognition
This course is approved by:
- The Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA). – Approvals can be found in the menu above.
A certificate is issued on successful completion of an end-of-course questionnaire and the qualification is valid for TWO YEARS.
Who Should Attend?
This course is required for people involved with the packaging, documentation or control of infectious materials sent by air.
Level of Competency
No previous knowledge or experience with air transport is required to complete the course.
- Online & Correspondence: AUD $150.00 + GST $15.00 = $165.00
- Classroom: AUD $200.00 + GST $20.00 = $220.00 Total
Payment is required in advance by credit card, EFT or cheque.
We accept Mastercard and Visa.
- Online training – (5 hours approx.)
- Correspondence (paper-based, 5 hours approx.)
- Classroom training (on demand – no scheduled courses, 6 hours approx.)
Note: minimum numbers apply for classroom requests.
We have regular scheduled courses in Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth & Sydney, but we’ll go (almost) anywhere.
To request a classroom course, email us by clicking the book a classroom course button. To see our other course dates open the pdf below.