Do you do unscheduled courses?
Yes we can provide unscheduled training on request.
This is usually dependent on trainer availability, participant numbers and location.
The requesting company usually picks up airfare and excess baggage, accommodation, transfers and training facility costs (if applicable) and then pays either a negotiated flat charge or day rate.
Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org stating course type, approximate participant numbers, location, and urgency so we can provide an estimate plus available dates for the training.
Is Airsafe an RTO?
No, Airsafe has elected not to be an RTO as the RTO system is designed for large schools delivering certificate level training for career development. Airsafe provides industry approved, recognised short courses which are job specific. All of Airsafe’s courses are presented in a professional, informative way and the certification issued can be used by individuals to obtain unit accreditation for their certificate level training. We pride ourselves on having the reputation of providing the highest of standards in relation to our training and customer service.
Can we call you for help after the training and how much does it cost?
We are more than happy to assist in anyway we can with your training and operational queries after the course. It doesn’t cost a thing, but because of that we are not available 24/7. We will endeavour to get back to you ASAP however with an answer.
Do you sell the DG Regulations?
Yes we do to our customers, but we are not a distributor. We source the DG regulations from the cheapest outlet we can find and supply at cost + postage.
For companies who can only use an approved provider this is ideal, or we can direct you to the outlet to purchase by credit card yourself. This is not a revenue maker for us.
How long are the qualifications valid for?
It depends on the qualification but as a quick summary:
- Air courses are valid for 2 years from the date of initial training. Refresher training must be done within a 3 month period PRIOR to the expiry date to retain the original qualification.
- Sea courses are valid for two years, but must be renewed before the next version of the IMDG becomes mandatory.
- Road courses (not bulk) have no mandatory validity period. However a refresher is recommended every two years to keep up with regulatory changes.
- Load Distribution and Restraint for air courses are valid for 3 years.
Who needs to do DG by Sea training?
Australian legislation (that reflects the international requirements) states.
- Classifies dangerous goods for sea transport
- Packs, marks or labels dangerous goods for sea transport
- Documents dangerous goods for sea transport (on manifests or declarations)
- Loads or unloads shipping containers with dangerous goods for sea transport
requires an AMSA approved training course.
Anyone who handles or moves packaged dangerous goods or completes associated documents (e.g. Bills of lading) but does not do any of the above functions requires a dangerous goods for sea transport AWARENESS course.
Are you a Company Training Coordinator, or completing training for as an employee …? See how the New AIRSAFE Online Training Delivery System can benefit you.
Are you completing or updating your DG qualifications online …? See how the New AIRSAFE Online Training Delivery System can benefit you.