Dangerous Goods By Air: Awareness – Ground crew
Have you been told you need an Awareness? No, it’s not a new age expression – it’s about learning the basics about the safe transportation of dangerous goods by air.
Based on the current edition of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR), this course covers recognition, handling and stowage of dangerous goods. It also provides an understanding of procedures that will help detect hidden hazards when accepting air freight and passengers baggage. This course will not qualify you to accept, package or document dangerous goods and is not valid for Flight Crew or Cabin Crew.
This is a short course for aircraft ground handling personnel on:
- Acceptance of non-dangerous air cargo;
- Recognition of dangerous goods;
- Hidden dangerous goods
- Passenger and crew baggage allowances
- Correct handling and stowage of dangerous goods intended for air transport in accordance with the CASA and IATA regulations.
Note: Customised modules containing specific company procedures, and only accessible by that companies employees, can be created for a one time flat fee.
Course Qualification and Recognition
This course is approved by:
- The Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA). Approvals can be found in the menu above.
A certificate is issued on successful completion of an end-of-course questionnaire and the qualification is valid for TWO YEARS.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who requires a general understanding of transporting dangerous goods by air for group B & E personnel (IATA category 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 & 12).
The course is required under CASA legislation for airline and air freight forwarder staff involved with acceptance and/or handling of air freight and passengers baggage.
- Aircraft Loading Personnel
- Helicopter Landing Officers (HLO)
- Passenger Check-in Staff
- General Air Cargo Acceptance Staff
- Security Personnel
- Baggage Handling Staff
Level of Competency
No previous knowledge or experience with air transport is required for this course.
AUD $80.00 (GST Free)
Payment is required in advance by credit card, EFT or cheque.
We accept Mastercard and Visa.
- Online Training (4 hours approx.)
Open or save fact sheet