Dangerous Goods By Air: Acceptance – Initial course covering all classes
This course helps people interpret and apply the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR), which are pertinent for both domestic and international air transportation. Full compliance with the Regulations, and an understanding of the concepts behind them, will ensure the safety of all who travel by air and protect shippers and their agents from unknowingly committing unlawful acts regarding dangerous goods.
What you obtain
You will receive comprehensive training in the theory and practical aspects of shipping dangerous goods by air.
The course examines all aspects of the IATA DGR and provides a systematic approach to identifying and preparing hazardous shipments for air transport. There are plenty of follow-up exercises to reinforce the knowledge acquired. You’re welcome to bring along safety data sheets (SDS) if you wish to ask specific questions.
A Quick Course Syllabus:
- Australian Legislation;
- Classification of dangerous goods
- Understanding Safety Data Sheets
- Identification of dangerous goods
- Packing dangerous goods and packaging specifications for air transport
- Marking and Labeling shipments of dangerous goods for air transport
- Airline acceptance functions
- Handling and loading dangerous goods (where applicable)
Course Qualification and Recognition
This course is approved by:
- The Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA). – Approvals can be found in the menu above.
A certificate is issued on successful completion of an end-of-course questionnaire and the qualification is valid for TWO YEARS.
You must attend a “Refresher” course within the two year period for your qualification to remain valid after this date.
Who Should Attend?
This course is required for shippers involved with the packaging, marking, labeling, documentation or control of hazardous materials shipped by air.
People accepting air freight for, or on behalf of, freight forwarders and air operators/airlines in Australia also have a legal requirement to obtain dangerous goods training.
Level of Competency
No previous knowledge or experience with air transport or dangerous goods is required to complete the course.
For people who have let their qualification lapse, take advantage of our CASA approved online course.
For those who are new to the industry and would like to participate in a more interactive experience or, are Airline Dangerous Goods Acceptance staff or agents, we offer classroom training.
- Classroom Training – AUD $500.00 + GST $50.00 = $550.00 Total
- Online Training – AUD $400.00 + GST $40.00 = $440.00 Total
Payment is required in advance by credit card, EFT or cheque.
We accept Mastercard and Visa.
- Classroom Training – (Three day classroom course, 8 hours approx. per day)
- Online training – (8 hours approx. Not approved for Airline Dangerous Goods Acceptance staff or agents)
We have regular scheduled courses in Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth & Sydney, but we’ll go (almost) anywhere.
To enrol onto one of our scheduled classroom courses, open the course dates and email us by clicking the book a classroom course button.